Reading Time: 2 minutes
Many businesses view working remotely or from home as the future of the work place. It gives employees more flexibility in their schedules and allows companies to hire the best of the best without geographic limitations. But, when working from home, it is easy to get distracted by household duties, technology and more. Before accepting a remote position, it is important that you know how to be productive when working from home. Try out these tips for working from home efficiently!
Tips for Working from Home Efficiently
- Get Dressed: While it can be tempting to just lounge around all day in your pajamas, that might not lead to a very productive day. Maybe you don’t have to get into your normal professional work clothes, but at least put on a pair of jeans and nice top.
- Designate an Office Area: Find a quiet location in your home and designate that as your office area. Clean the area and get any distractions out of the room.
- Make a To-Do List: Just like if you were in the office, create a list of all of the tasks you want to accomplish during that work day. Don’t let your work day end until you have accomplished all of those tasks.
- Leave the House: Working at your couch, kitchen table or personal desk might not always lead to the most productive work day. On the days when you can’t concentrate from home, find a local coffee shop close to your home and set up base there. Sometimes something as small as changing locations can spark productivity.
- Invest in Good Headphones: When your client calls, they are likely expecting to talk to you while you’re working in an office. Purchase noise cancelling headphones for phone calls to block out the dog barking, door-bell ringing and any other distracting noises.
- Check in With Your Co-Workers: Check in with your co-workers and boss throughout the day.
Keeping in touch with your co-workers about due dates can help promote accountability and productivity.
- Utilize Technology: There are countless tools, programs and applications catering to those who work remotely. Stay up-to-date on these tools and use them to close the gap between you, your boss and your co-workers.
Make Space with a Storage Unit Rental
If your work area is too cluttered or messy, you may have a hard time concentrating on your work. A cluttered home can be distracting and lead to temptations to clean the space throughout your work day. When converting a room into office space, take the time to declutter the area. A clean and organized office space will help prepare you to tackle the work day.
Make space in your home with a storage unit rental from ezStorage. Whether you just need to get a few pieces of furniture and boxes out of your home to make space for an office or you need full house storage, we have a storage option for you. ezStorage has storage facilities with 5×5 storage units, 5×10 storage units and 10×10 storage units in Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC, Columbia, MD and all throughout Virginia. Reserve your storage unit today!