Reading Time: 2 minutes
There’s nothing easy about business travel. You’re required to pack as many items as you can into a small bag and may be gone for a few days to an entire week. With the help of a few simple tips, packing for a business trip doesn’t have to be as stressful. Try out these business packing tips!
Must Follow Tips When Packing for Business Travel
- Know the Weather: Don’t make the mistake of assuming that the weather in a typically warmer climate is going to cooperate. Before you pack, know what kind of weather you are about to walk into.
- Never Check Your Luggage: Someone who travels often knows that unless it is absolutely impossible to pack everything in their carryon, never check a bag. Who wants to deal with the hassle of lost luggage or waiting in line at the baggage claim? Not someone with a packed business trip agenda.
- Pack Items that Can be Paired to Create Other Outfits: When packing for business travel, pack items that can be easily paired with another piece to dress it up or down. You will also be able to get more out of your business wardrobe when you buy items that can be worn interchangeably with other items. Some savvy business travelers even say they stick to only packing black items with their other business attire.
- Pack Two Suits: Pack your suit and wear the other on the plane. To prevent the second suit from wrinkling, turn the jacket inside out and wrap it around t-shirts, underwear or other soft items.
- Carry a Scan of Important Items: Have you ever been on a trip and had the heart stopping moment where you can’t find your wallet that is holding your passport, driver’s license and credit card? Having a high-resolution scan of these documents can save you a lot of time and heartache.
- Find a Pair of Casual-Wear Gym Shoes: Catching a quick workout is a great way to relieve some stress on a business trip. Avoid sacrificing valuable space in your carryon by finding a pair of workout shoes that can double for a nice pair of shoes for touring the area.
- Take Advantage of Products Offered at Hotels: Never waste space in your suitcase packing shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste or soap. If you need to pack other liquids, like contact solution, pour them into a small 2 oz. container.
More Business Travel Tips to Come
There’s nothing easy about business travel. Knowing how to optimally pack will help you to have a more positive business travel experience. In the next business travel post, we will show you how to turn your hotel room into a more comfortable environment.
ezStorage Has Storage Facilities in Baltimore and DC
ezStorage is an expert an all things organization. We strive to offer the best organization tips to help our customers streamline their lives. For more organization tips and tricks, check out our blog or contact us today!