Reading Time: 2 minutes
The school year is winding down for college students everywhere. At Morgan State University, college students are starting to make summer plans and prepare for upcoming finals. While packing and moving home for the summer can be a lot of work, we’re here to offer time saving tips that can help! Keep reading this blog to find 5 helpful student storage tips.
ezStorage's College Sweepstakes is Back for Another Year!
From April 1st, 2019 through June 30th, 2019, when you qualify and rent under our college promotion, you’ll get the first month of rent free, a USB drive and 10% off rent until August! Additionally, you will be entered to win one of 25 Yeti gift packs. Reserve a student storage unit today!
5 Tips for Student Storage at Morgan State University
- Send home the essentials: Pack up any items you will need during the summer and bring them home. This may include summer clothing, necessary text books, your laptop and TV.
- Determine what you will need for next year: This tip is especially important if you are moving in with new roommates. Before leaving for the school year, talk to your roommates to determine what each of you will need to bring. If you are coming from different houses or apartments, then it is very possible you will have duplicate items. This will prevent you from moving or storing items you will not even need.
- Sell what you no longer need: Once you know exactly what you are required to bring next year, sort through your items and pull out anything you will no longer need. Before you leave, try to sell any old text books, furniture and more that you will not need for the next school year. The money from these sales can be used to purchase new textbooks next year.
- Properly pack up your items: In order to prevent damage from occurring, it is important to properly prepare your items for moving and storage. Need help with storing your items? Our self storage blog is filled with lots of helpful storage and moving tips.
- Use a self storage unit: One of the biggest time and effort saving tips for students is to use a self storage unit when moving home. A self storage unit will allow students to easily keep their items close to campus, where they can access them next fall. This can not only save a good amount of time but depending on how far they’d otherwise have to transport them, it can also save money. If you are storing items over the summer that are sensitive to fluctuations in temperature, consider using a storage unit that can control the climate.
Need Student Storage Near Morgan State University?
Looking for a storage facility near Morgan State University? ezStorage has storage facilities within miles of Morgan State University, in Charles Village and Ashburton! Our storage facilities offer both traditional storage units and storage units that can control the climate. With so many popular storage unit sizes to choose from, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit, we make choosing a storage unit size ideal for you a breeze.
Reserve your storage unit with ezStorage today!