Around the House | January 28, 2014
We all try to make our daily lives easier. There are so many everyday items throughout our homes that can be repurposed for storage or organization from cupcake tins to binder clips. They all can be used for DIY tips around the home. Organizing and decluttering projects take on new meaning when you re-purpose items that originally weren’t intended to be used for storage. Using some very simple DIY tips can make getting organized much easier in the New Year. There are many websites from www.realsimple.com to www.homedepot.com that can help you with storage and organization tips. We found some great DIY storage ideas via the ezStorage Pinterest page . Pinteres t is a great place to get organization and storage ideas! Below are just ten of the many clever storage ideas that we found that would work great for any home or office:
1. Keep your device cords organized and easy to find by putting them through a binder clip attached to your desk or night stand. Photo courtesy of teamimhoff.com.
2. Repurpose old muffin/cupcake tins for storage for the workshop. The pans are great to sort out nuts, bolts, screws and nails. Photo courtesy of familyhandyman.com.
3. Remember those Tic Tac holders? They are great holders for bobby pins or even nails for the workshop! Photo courtesy of doitandhow.com.
4. Ice cube trays make perfect storage for small desk accessories, crafts pieces and tool workshops! Photo courtesy of realsimple.com.
5. Repurpose hanging shoe racks for storage for cleaning supplies. Hanging the items makes it easier to reach and to find what you need, when you need it. Other good items to put in shoe holders are travel mugs, action figures and other toys. Photo courtesy of pinner.
6. Clean out and decorate old paint cans to use as a children’s desk accessory holder. Photo courtesy of: pokamamadoma.livejournal.com.
7. Do you have old glasses cases lying around your home? Put them to good use as storage for device plugs or earphones. This is a great idea for travelers. Photo courtesy of bestdiyideas.com.
8. If you are like most of us, we have cards for every store. Keep them organized by punching a hole in one end and placing on a key chain. Photo courtesy of cookingatcafed.com.
9. Use a paper towel holder to hang garbage bags in your garage! Photo courtesy of listotic.com.
10. Repurpose a cheese grater as an earring holder! It’s crafty and artsy! Photo courtesy of craftinspiration.tmblr.com.