There are many farmers markets in the Baltimore area
that cater to those who enjoy everything from organic produce to hand-crafted items. A few of the farmers markets in the Baltimore, Maryland area are open for the entire year and others open for the season starting in May and June. Farmers markets, which come in all shapes and sizes from road-side stands to very large indoor and outdoor institutions, help to provide consumers in Baltimore with great fresh locally grown produce. Below is a list of just ten of the Baltimore farmers markets. There are many more to explore and share!
Baltimore City Farmers Markets
- Baltimore Farmers Market and Bazaar Baltimore’s Farmers Market and Bazaar, celebrating its 37th season, is Maryland’s largest producers-only market. The market is held every Sunday morning from April 16th through December 21st from 7am to noon underneath the Jones Falls Expressway at Holiday and Saratoga Streets. You will find many organic products, unusual finds and multi-cultural cuisines at the market every week. The products include fruits, vegetables, poultry, seafood, beef, pork, lamb, bison, goat, rabbit, fresh-baked goods, herbs and spices, organically raised and produced milk products and much more. There are also food stands selling everything from burritos to crepes!
- 32nd Street Farmers Market The 32nd Street Farmers Market is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1980. It offers baked goods, produce, fruits, prepared foods and flowers every Saturday from 7am to noon at the parking lot on East 32nd Street and Barclay Street. The market runs all year. The mission of the market is to provide a place for independent vendors to be able to thrive in the agribusiness world, while promoting produce, meat, bread and plant selections to an underserved city community. All money collected from vendor space fees or donations goes back towards improving the market and helping with expenses.
- Fell’s Point Farmers Market The Fells Point Farmers Market is located on Broadway Square in the highly visited and historic waterfront area of Fell’s Point every Saturday morning at 7:30am to 12:30pm. The market opens in May and runs to November 23rd. The Fells Point Farmers Market, started in 2011, has over 40 vendors offering a variety of fresh, natural and organic products. Local chefs frequent the market to get the freshest produce for their restaurants. The market also offers craft vendors, children activities and artisans.
Farmers Markets Outside of Baltimore
- Howard County Farmers Markets There are 4 different farmers markets that take place in Howard County. The first is held every Wednesday at the Miller Library in Ellicott City from 2pm to 6pm. The second is held at Howard County General Hospital in Columbia every Friday afternoon from 2pm to 6pm. The third is held the 1st and 3rd Saturday mornings from 8am to noon at the Maple Lawn Medical Building in Fulton. The fourth market is held every Sunday morning from 9am to 1pm at the Oakland Mills Village Center in Columbia. All of the markets focus on locally grown produce, seasonal fruits and flowers. There are also baked goods, organically grown produce and specialty items. All of the markets are producer only markets, meaning the persons growing or making the items are those that are selling at the markets.
- Catonsville Farmers Market The Catonsville Farmers Market is located at the Bloomsbury Community Center every Wednesday from 10am to 1pm. The market, open rain or shine, runs from May 7th to November 26th each year. The market has special events during its season from chef demonstrations to wine testing and there is a Customer Appreciation Day on July 16th! The market is also a producer only market. The items that are bought at the market are grown, made and prepared by the vendor who sells directly to the customer. This is a great way to know the people behind the product. A variety of foods and produce are offered each week including beef, organic bread, eggs, chicken, honey products, fruits, and vegetables.
- Severna Park Farmers Market The Severna Park Farmers Market is held April through October in the parking lot at Ritchie Highway and Jones Station Road. It is run by the Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation. The market offers locally grown fruits and vegetables every Saturday morning from 8am to noon.
- Annapolis Freshfarm Market The Annapolis Freshfarm Market is every Sunday morning from 8am to noon starting May 4th and running to November 23rd. The market is located in the Donner Parking Lot on Compromise St at the Harbor in Downtown Annapolis. There is a large variety of produce and goods from vendors from Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia. The produce includes fresh fruits and vegetables, baked goods, meats, eggs, cheese, flowers and much more.
- Towson Farmers Market The Towson Chamber of Commerce sponsors the weekly Towson Farmers Market at Allegheny Avenue between York Road and Washington Ave. The market is held every Thursday from 10am to 3pm. There are fresh vegetables and fruits, fresh-cut and potted plants and flowers, home-baked goods and fresh roasted coffee.
- Baltimore County Farmers Market The Baltimore County Farmers Market is held every Wednesday morning from June to October at the main gate of the Maryland State Fairgrounds. The market is open from 10am to 1pm. Ten local Baltimore County farmers and producers came together to create the market and present the best of their local in-season produce, meats, milk, ice cream, eggs, flowers and much more.
- Carroll County Farmers Market The Carroll County Farmers Market is held every Saturday morning from 8am to 2pm starting in June and running until December 13th. The market is held at the Agriculture Center and Arena and is the oldest farmers market in Carroll County opening in July 1972! There are between 80 to 100 vendors featuring locally grown fruits, vegetables, fresh farm eggs, cheeses, homemade baked goods and cut flowers and plants each week at the market. There are also handmade juried crafts and gourmet foods! There are so many great farmers market in the Baltimore area! Head out and support the local farmers and producers and taste some great food! ezStorage is very happy to be part of a community that is so rich in great food, local produce, customs and culture! We have 15 locations around the Baltimore area where you can rent a variety of storage unit sizes. Stop by to see how we make storage easy!