Reading Time: 2 minutes
Storing collectible items is a very common hobby. Like any hobby, collecting items can take up a great deal of time. This hobby can be well worth it though, because besides the value to the owner, collections can be worth a great deal of money. One thing that can impact the value of a collection is the condition the collectible items are in. In order to keep your items in the best condition possible, it is important to properly store them.
Sports Card Storage Tips
There are many different methods for storing sports cards, some more expensive than others. Below you will find three popular methods for storing baseball cards.
- Baseball card albums: Albums are a very popular method for storing sports cards. Inside of the album, you will find three-ringed plastic sleeves that you can put your cards inside of. This method can be more expensive, but it is one of the most effective ways of storing your cards.
- Storage boxes for baseball cards: Baseball card storage boxes are often made of corrugated cardboard. These boxes range in sizes, some able to hold one hundred cards while others are able to hold hundreds of cards. Storage boxes are also a relatively inexpensive method for storing baseball cards.
- Toploaders: Toploaders are a great method for storing and displaying individual baseball cards. These holders come in different sizes and different strengths.
How to Store Stamps
Stamps are one of the most fragile collectible items and should be treated as such. Be cautious when handling your stamp collection.
- Stamp albums: While a stamp album can be expensive, it is well worth it. A stamp album will not only protect your items from damage, it will also allow you to display them.
- Use stamp hinges or mounts: Any serious collector understands the importance of not using glue or tape to secure the stamp to the album. Instead, consider stamp hinges or mounts. Stamp hinges allow will attach to the back of the stamps. The other side of the hinge is then attached to the album. Stamp mounts are little sleeves that are put over top of the stamp. The mount is then attached to the album.
Tips for Storing Books
Books are another popular item to collect. Many people do not know that there is more to store books than commonly realized.
- Store on shelves: The best way to store books is to store them in the upright position on a shelf. This is the most natural position for the spine of the book. When storing your books on shelves, do not allow them to lean on each other or against the sides of the shelf. This can cause the spine of the book to bend.
- Store in boxes: When storing your books in boxes, stack them horizontally. The books should be stacked from the largest book to the smallest book with the largest book on the bottom.
eStorage Has Storage Facilities All Throughout Maryland and Virginia
Are you looking for a storage unit near you? ezStorage has storage facilities all throughout Maryland and Virginia and in major cities like Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC and Columbia, MD. Collectible items can be extremely sensitive. While our storage facilities are clean and secure, we recommend talking to a storage professional onsite before storing your collectible items. ezStorage is not responsible for any damage that occurs when storing your items in a traditional or controlled environment storage unit.
Reserve your storage unit with ezStorage today!