Reading Time: 2 minutes
Do you plan on accessing your storage unit often? Maybe your storage unit holds your business supplies, or maybe you just plan on checking in as often as possible. In order to make accessing your storage unit as convenient as possible, it is important to organize it strategically. Read below for 6 tips for organizing a storage unit for frequent access!
6 Storage Unit Organization Tips
- Plan ahead: When organizing a storage unit for frequent access, it is essential to plan ahead. Loading items into your storage unit without thinking ahead can make the storage unit more cluttered. Instead, plan the layout of the storage unit ahead of time.
- Identify the items you will need access to most frequently: Will you need to access your sports equipment, small appliances or boxes of clothing more often than you will need other items in your storage unit? When putting items into your storage unit, place these items to the side to be loaded into the storage unit last.
- Keep frequent access items to the front of the storage unit: If you will be accessing items more often than others, why not keep these items close to the front for easy access? This allows you to easily get to them as soon as you need them.
- Create an aisle: If you will be entering your storage unit often, it is smart to create an aisle leading from the front of your storage unit to the back. This will allow you to easily find any items inside of your storage unit that you may need.
- Label all boxes: While you may plan on visiting your storage unit often, if you aren’t visiting it every day it can be difficult to remember what is in each box. In order to help keep track of your belongings, label the outside of all of the boxes.
- Add shelving: One of the best ways to keep your storage space more organized is to add shelves to the storage unit. Shelving creates more storage space and can help to keep your storage unit clutter free. Consider storing your important, fragile or smaller items on the shelves.
Let ezStorage Be Your Storage Solution!
Are you looking for a storage facility near you? ezStorage has storage facilities all throughout Virginia and Maryland, including in major cities such as Washington, DC, Baltimore and Columbia, MD. When you rent with ezStorage, you’re able to choose from a variety of sizes of storage options, including the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit.
Reserve your storage unit with ezStorage today!