Reading Time: 2 minutes
Anyone who works remotely or as a freelancer knows the importance of being productive while working from home. But, when you work from the space you typically live in, being productive can be very difficult. The first step for any freelancer is to designate one room as their office space. In order to organize this office space to help you be as productive as possible, we’ve compiled 7 tips for setting up your home office.
Designing a Home Office: 7 Tips for Setting Up a Productive Home Office
Utilize these 7 tips for a more productive home office space!
- Choose a room with a window: Natural light is important for productivity and mental clarity. When choosing your office space, choose a room with a window.
- A door sign: Let your kids, spouse and other visitors know when you are working by placing a sign outside your door. This can help to mitigate distractions and lead to a more productive work day.
- Upgrade your internet: It is important to have a reliable high-speed internet connection. If you don’t, consider switching to another provider or upgrading your package as soon as possible.
- Purchase a quality chair: One of the perks to working from your home as opposed to an office is being able to choose your own office chair. You will be spending quite a bit of time in your work chair, so you might as well purchase a comfortable one.
- Keep the space comfortable, but not too comfortable: Gone are the days of shivering in a corporate office space. While you are now able to make the room more comfortable and suitable for your preferences, don’t make it too comfortable. The last thing you want is to have a problem staying awake in your new office.
- Purchase desk organizers: A cluttered space can create a cluttered mind. Purchase desk organizers to keep your space neat and organized.
- Plants: Add a pop of color to your work space by adding plants to your office. Not only are they a great decoration, they also help purify the air.
ezStorage Has Household Storage Solutions
After converting a room into an office space, you may suddenly find that you have too many items than can comfortably fit in your home. If you are faced with this problem, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental allows you to clear out of season clutter, unneeded furniture and more out of your home until you need it again. ezStorage has popular storage unit sizing, like the 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage unit. Reserve yours today!