Reading Time: 2 minutes
Self Storage is a great storage solution for both homeowners and businesses. For businesses, a self storage unit can be used to store retail inventory overstock, pharmaceutical samples, business documents and office equipment and tools. In past blog posts, we have shared that self storage is a perfect storage option if you are doing a home renovation or remodeling project. But, where do many construction workers, contractors, plumbers, electricians, and painters store their tools and equipment? They store it at a self storage facility!
The Benefits of a Contractor Storage Units
ezStorage makes it easy for contractors, painters, and plumbers to store their equipment with our construction storage solutions. Contractors, plumbers and painters work out of their vans, trucks or out of their homes; most do not have “brick and mortar” locations or buildings to store their equipment.
- Lower cost: The cost of renting a storage unit can be significantly lower than paying rent and utilities for a storefront or a warehouse. Using a self storage unit for storing building materials and tools helps contractors keep their overhead low and their budget in check.
- Different size options: The right self storage unit size is a convenient place for storing building materials as well. With many different storage unit sizes available, you can upgrade storage units as your need grows.
- Month-to-month: With a storage unit rental, you’ll never be tied into a long-term contract. Our storage units rent on a month-to-month basis, which makes renting a storage unit a very flexible option.
Contractor Storage Facility Features
A storage facility has many convenient features for contractors. Learn more about self storage for contractors below.
- Drive-up storage units: Some self storage facilities have drive-up storage units, which allows for easy access for contractors to load and unload their equipment.
- Computerized gate access entry: Some self storage facilities also have computerized gate access hours starting at 6am for contractors, painters and plumbers to access their tools early in the day. Some of our facilities even have 24 hour gate access.
- Ample security features: Security amenities such as video surveillance, individually alarmed storage units and key coded gate access gives contractors peace-of-mind that their equipment will be safe while in storage.
ezStorage Has Contractor Storage Units Near You in Baltimore, Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
ezStorage can help construction companies, contractors, painters and plumbers keep an eye on their bottom line by storing their equipment, tools and materials. Reserve a storage unit at one of our Baltimore, Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. storage facilities!