Spring is in the air, which means it’s time to get your RV out of winter storage. Just like you had to winterize your RV before storing it, it is important to prepare it for the months of seasonal use. Try out these RV maintenance tips to keep your RV in tip top shape all summer long!
RV Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect Your RV: Walk through your RV and look it over for signs of damage. Water leaks are very common after winter months. Check the roof and the caulking under the windows, vents, doors and air conditioning units.
- Check the Tires: Check your tires for cracks. If you find any cracks, replace the tires to prevent the problem from worsening. Now is also a good time to check the tire pressure. If you don’t know it offhand, your vehicle’s recommended tire pressure can be found inside your owner’s manual.
- Inspect the Battery: In order to keep your batteries in the best working condition during the summer, it is important to inspect and clean them before you install them. Wear safety glasses and gloves when handling the battery.
- Wash the Exterior: Thoroughly wash the exterior of your RV to remove any dust, dirt or other items that may have settled on it.
- Flush Out Anti-Freeze: Anti-freeze is a smart and effective way to keep your pipes from freezing during the winter, but it’s extremely dangerous if its ingested. If you used anti-freeze, flush out the fresh water system before you use the water.
- Test the Gas Appliances: After long periods of being dormant, gas appliances can have a hard time starting back up. Turn on the propane tank and test out the stove, fridge, furnace and water heaters.
- Test the Lights and Brakes: In order to make sure your RV is road-ready, test the lights and brakes before you drive it.
- Safety Checks: Check the batteries in the smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector. Additionally, check the fire extinguisher to make sure it is still full.
Are You Looking for RV Storage Near You?
Recreational vehicles are a lot of fun during the spring, summer and fall. But, many RV owners have a difficult time finding a location to store their RV when they are not in use. Maybe your driveway isn’t long enough to fit your RV, or maybe your Homeowner’s Association simply won’t allow it. Whatever the reason, it is important to store your RV in a safe and secure location. That’s where ezStorage comes into the equation. We can offer you safe and secure RV storage solutions at our Arbutus, Bel Air, Columbia, Highlandtown, Owings Mills, Pasadena, Randallstown, Rosedale and South Bowie locations. Our storage facilities are well lit and feature 24-hour video surveillance. Contact us to rent a RV storage unit today!