Reading Time: 2 minutes
In recent months, Baltimore has been featured in the national news quite a bit. We are a proud member of the Baltimore community, and feel that there are many great benefits to living in this city. So, what is living in Baltimore really like? Read below to find some of our favorite benefits to living in the city!
The Benefits of Living in Baltimore 2019
- Lower cost of living than DC: When you live in Baltimore, MD, you can work in our country’s capital and still enjoy the lower cost of living in Baltimore. Depending on where you live in Baltimore and how you travel, the commute to Washington, DC is around an hour. This is a huge perk, because there are many major companies with headquarters in DC.
- Rich history: Many people do not know that at one time, Baltimore was actually one of the capitals of the United States. Any history buff will be enticed by the rich history of the area, including visiting Fort McHenry and the Historic St. Mary’s City.
- Unique neighborhoods: Baltimore is broken up into many different neighborhoods, with popular areas including Bolton Hill, Belvedere Square, Cherry Hill and Brewer’s Hill. Each neighborhood offers different things to the people that live and visit these areas. Bolton Hill, for example, is the home to a collection of architecture from the 19th century and has many beautiful parks, monuments and fountains. While Belvedere Square is a bustling area with many different shopping and dining options.
- The local food: Because Baltimore is on Chesapeake Bay, locals get to enjoy fresh seafood served at restaurants or sold at grocery stores. From lobster rolls to oysters to crabs, the fresh seafood in this area really can’t be beat! On top of the local seafood, Baltimore also has many restaurants that are nationally recognized, a growing craft beer scene and many different food festivals.
- Moderate climate: Maryland is located in the Mid Atlantic region of the United States, meaning that it has more of a moderate climate. While the city still experiences all four seasons, the seasons tend to be more moderate.
ezStorage is Proud to be a Member of the Baltimore, MD Community
If you’re considering moving to the Baltimore, MD area, you will love the culture, events and local attractions the city has to offer. ezStorage has storage facilities all throughout the local Baltimore area. Our storage facilities have popular storage unit sizes, including 5×5, 5×10 and 10×10 storage units. No matter the reason for renting a storage unit, we are confident we will have the perfect storage solution for you. For storing dorm items, boxes or small furniture from your house, or documents from your business, consider the 5×5 or 5×10 storage unit. Our 10×10, 10×20 and 10×30 storage units are ideal for full household storage or storing a large amount of business inventory.
Reserve a storage unit with ezStorage in Baltimore, MD!