Organizing your home doesn’t have to break the bank. Store bought decorative containers can cost upwards of 20 dollars and sometimes wind up looking plain or generic, leaving you unwilling to display them in your home. Worse yet, it may be difficult to find a container that fits your specific needs. Instead of buying store bought containers, convert some common items found at home into your own DIY storage box masterpiece. DIY projects are a great, rewarding way to recycle old useless items into a brand-new item!
5 Must Read DIY Storage Ideas
- Cereal boxes: If you have young kids, you know how quickly papers will pile up. Permission slips for field trips, snack lists for soccer games, information packets for the school play… the list goes on and on. Instead of throwing your papers on counters or in junk drawers, turn an old cereal box into a paper organizer and keep your papers neat! This hack is simple and inexpensive, all you need is an old cereal box, colorful paper, tape and magnets! This craft is also kid friendly, let them design and decorate their own personal paper organizer! If you have a few more cereal boxes, and lots of drawers that need organized, turn your old cereal boxes into fun drawer dividers !
- Coffee Containers: Do you have old coffee containers laying around? Try out this trendy, low cost, storage hack ! Coffee containers come in various sizes. Arrange your painted coffee containers on your table or mantle to create a unique display. The best part is, no one will be able to guess that these storage units were created from empty plastic coffee containers.
- Grocery Bags: Unless you use reusable grocery bags, you most likely have an abundance of plastic bags stored under your sink or in your panty. A common and frustrating issue in households is finding a functional way to store and organize their plastic bags. If you have an old box, fabric or paper and some glue, you can easily create a simple way to store your bags!
- Ice Cube Trays: No mystery to you, jewelry can be very expensive. As expensive as jewelry is, it’s also inconveniently small and easy to misplace. Everyone knows the pain of losing one earring, or worse, a piece of jewelry that has sentimental value. Avoid losing your jewelry by storing it in ice cube trays ! With their deep pockets, Ice cube trays are an inexpensive way to store and collect your jewelry.
- Coffee Creamer: Transform used coffee creamer containers into easy food storage containers! These storage containers are a great way to keep your pantry organized. Long car ride with kids? Pack one of these containers filled with snacks!
ezStorage is Here to Help with Your Storage Needs
Do you have further home organization needs? ezStorage offers various storage unit sizes at several convenient locations! Visit an ezStorage near you today!