Reading Time: 2 minutes
Are you in the market for a boat? A boat is a pretty big purchase, one that you may have been thinking over for a while before purchasing one. There are many different kinds of boats, each with unique features that make them appeal to different buyers. Are you trying to narrow down the best boat for you? Check out this article!
Best Boats for Fishing and Family Fun
Best Boats for Families
- Bowrider: The bowrider is easily the most popular boat for families. Named after its large bow area, the bow rider has vast space for passengers and cruisers to enjoy. The V-shaped design of the boat makes it easy to drive and navigate various water conditions. A bowrider boat is often used for fishing, skiing, tubing and simply cruising the water. Generally speaking, bowriders range in size from 16-28 feet, with the maximum passenger load for the boat being 10 passengers.
- Pontoon Boat: Another popular boats for families is the pontoon boat. The pontoon boat is large and spacious, perfect for families and friends. A pontoon boat also has ample storage space, perfect for large coolers, towels, boat supplies and more. A pontoon boat is also typically less expensive than other boat options, and cheaper to insure and repair. While a pontoon boat is not as fast as other boat models, that doesn’t make it any less fun. A pontoon boat can also be used for fishing and lighter water sports.
- Cruiser: A cruiser is another popular boat for families looking for water fun. Unlike the other two options, a cruiser offers overnight accommodations. A typical cruiser will have a sleeping area, a small kitchen and a bathroom. A cruiser can be used for both sailing, water sports and overnight cruising.
Best Boats for Fishing
When choosing the best boat for fishing, it is important to know where you plan on fishing. There are different kinds of boats recommended for fishing in both freshwater and saltwater.
- Freshwater fishing boats:
- Aluminum fishing boat: An aluminum fishing boat is used mostly for freshwater fishing. This boat is lightweight and designed for shallower waters.
- Bass boat: A bass boat can accommodate 2 to 3 people onboard. One thing unique to a bass boat is that it has a stronger motor than typically used on fishing boats.
- Saltwater fishing boats:
- Sports fishing boat: Sports fishing boats will prepare you for any fishing adventure that comes your way. They are able to travel into deeper waters which will allow you to get larger catches.
Need Boat Storage Near You?
When your boat is not in use, you may be looking for a location to store it. ezStorage has storage facilities all throughout Virginia and Maryland, including in Baltimore, Washington DC and Columbia. Our storage facilities are perfect whether you’re looking for just a seasonal storage solution or a place to park your boat every night. Reserve your storage unit with ezStorage today!