We spend half of our time in our bedroom. The room needs to be a relaxing and refreshing place for us to sleep. It is our escape and can also be our sanctuary. Spring cleaning is a great time to tackle the home room by room,
and why not start at the top of the home with the bedroom! Having a bedroom spring cleaning checklist will help you manage your spring cleaning tasks. There are many things that need to be cleaned, dusted and wiped down in the bedroom, so take your time and make sure that the job is done right. A fresh, clean bedroom can return the bedroom to the calm, relaxing room that you intended it to be. Below are some bedroom organization ideas that you can use as a bedroom spring cleaning checklist:
- As with any organization project, you will have to sort through the items that are currently in the room. Create piles or use boxes for the following: Keep, Donate, Store, or Throw Away. Make sure to move the items that you no longer want out of the room right away.
- Change and wash the linens, sheets, mattress covers and comforters. This is also a good time to switch out the winter comforter for a lightweight summer comforter.
- Dust the ceilings, moldings, corners in the wall and air ducts.
- Clean the light fixtures and dust or wipe down ceiling fans.
- Flip and rotate the mattress on your bed.
- Remove anything that doesn’t belong in the bedroom and put it in its proper place. Hang up and fold clothes and put them in the closet or a dresser.
- Organize the dresser drawers. This will involve sorting through the items that are in the drawer. If you haven’t worn something in over a year, then it is time to remove it. If it is still in good condition, donate it to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army store.
- Take down and wash the curtains or have them professionally cleaned. Check with the instructions on the curtains before you wash them.
- Vacuum under the bed. This is where dust can really accumulate! You do not want “dust monsters” to take over your bedroom.
- Clean your closets! Use closet storage solutions to keep shoes together or to properly hang ties or scarves. Stay tuned for more closet organization tips in a future blog post.
- Use decorative bins or baskets as storage solutions in the bedroom.
- Vacuum and sweep the floor and rugs in the bedroom. If possible, deep clean the rug.
- Clear off and clean out the nightstand. The only things on the nightstand should be a lamp, a clock, a place to plug in your mobile phone, and space for one book that you are reading.
- Dust the dressers, nightstands and wipe down the mirrors in the room.