Reading Time: 3 minutes
The end of the school year is a busy time for college students, who not only have finals to take and papers to turn in, but also have to start packing up their dorm rooms or apartments to get ready for summer. As you get ready to pack up a year’s worth of belongings, you might be surprised by how much you have accumulated; things like school supplies, books, sports equipment, clothing, electronics, and possibly even furniture. Unless you’re staying on campus this summer, all of these items will need to get packed up and moved back home.
Some students might be questioning if their parents even have ample storage for college dorms belongings in their home. Instead of hauling all your possessions into a childhood bedroom for the next several months, renting a self-storage unit is a great option to not only make your move easier, but also to ensure your belongings are safe and kept closer to campus for when you need them again in the fall.
5 Reasons to Choose Self-Storage as a College Storage Solution this Summer
Self-storage offers a variety of benefits for college students, including:
- The right size unit for college dorm storage. Self-storage facilities have a variety of storage unit sizes available, so you can be sure you are renting the perfect size for your belongings and your budget. Most students find that a 5×5 unit offers the right amount of space for clothes, books and supplies, and a 5×10 unit is perfect for mattresses, furniture and smaller items.
- Peace of mind belongings will be safe. If heading home for the summer means a long drive, why stuff the car for a long, uncomfortable ride home only to do the same when you return in the fall? Storage for college dorms at a nearby self-storage facility means an easier time on the road or even flying home, plus many facilities have security features like gated entry, security cameras and door alarms to ensure everything will be safe throughout the summer. You can even choose to rent a climate controlled unit for your more delicate items.
- Makes finding new housing easier. For students who have recently graduated, renting a self-storage unit is also a great way to start the next chapter of life, especially for those who are perhaps moving in with a friend or into a smaller apartment until they find permanent housing.
- Month-to-month rentals. Rent your unit for just the right amount of time with a month-to-month lease! This is great for college dorm storage and means you can easily keep your belongings closer to campus over the summer months, eliminating the need to transport them any great distance.
- More space at your parents’ house. After college students leave for the school year, it’s typical for parents to convert those empty bedrooms into guest bedrooms or offices, or even a workout room. They did not intend their home to become storage for college dorms over the summer. This means you’re possibly going home to a room you’re not used to, you’ll have far less space to keep all your belongings over the summer.
College Student Storage Solutions from ezStorage
Store and win with ezStorage this summer! Our annual promotion and sweepstakes for college students or faculty offers a substantial savings when you rent a storage unit at any of our 46 storage facilities now through June 30, 2016. Utilize your local ezStorage facility for your summer college storage solution and you will not only receive your first month’s rent free, but while supplies last, you will also receive a free USB drive and 10 percent off your rent through September 30, 2016! Not only that, but once a student or faculty member rents a storage unit, they are automatically entered in our sweepstakes to win one of three Apple iPad Airs. See the ezStorage website for specific rules and restrictions.
ezStorage congratulates the Class of 2016 and wishes underclassmen and faculty a great summer! Find a storage unit near you for all your college storage needs and make your move this summer that much easier.