Local Activities | January 26, 2017
Once the spending sprees of the holiday season are in the rear-view mirror, the marketplace typically sees a sharp decline. In order to coax patrons out of their homes, large groups of restaurants in cities across the nation have begun participating in restaurant weeks. These events sometimes run for longer than seven days and offer prix fixe (a meal with several courses at a fixed price) menus. This is an excellent opportunity to try that restaurant all your friends have been raving about!
The metropolitan Washington DC area features more than 250 restaurants participating in its upcoming event January 30th through February 5th. Your choice of lunch or brunch is just $22, and a three-course dinner is $35. With food honors in 2016 from Bon Appetit and Zagat, there are delectable dishes and magnificent meals around every corner. Given the popularity of last year’s event, it is highly recommended that you make reservations.
Restaurant week in Baltimore wrapped up on Sunday and was a tremendous success for both the restaurants and the patrons who participated. If you missed it, or are looking for the next restaurant week near you, below are some other options throughout Maryland.
Baltimore isn’t the only restaurant week dining destination in Maryland this winter. Check out these other events happening around the state.
• Annapolis – Nearly 20 locations are currently available, and more may be added before the food fest takes place February 20th through 26th. That should give you enough time to map out your plan of action.
• Calvert County – The specials run for 10 days beginning February 17th. Be sure to check that link as the date approaches for an updated list of participating restaurants.
• Howard County – There’s a little more variance in the prices from restaurant to restaurant, but there are still some great deals on eats. Be sure to check out the specials in advance so you know what to expect come January 23rd through February 6th.
Virginia residents, if you don’t feel like traveling for any of the options above, don’t fret! You’ll have to wait a little longer for the discounted dining to come to your town, but it’s on the way.
• Alexandria – From February 17th through 26th, 60 restaurants are offering a $35 three-course dinner for one or a $35 dinner for two. Lunch specials during this time range from $10-20 depending on the restaurant.
• Hampton – Three-course dinners are $20-30, and two-course lunches are only $10 at participating restaurants March 6th through 13th.
• Northern Virginia – Arlington, Loudoun, Greater Reston and Prince William get into the act March 20th through 27th. Keep an eye on their site for details as the week draws nearer.
• Virginia Beach – With two-course lunches starting at ten dollars and three-course dinners starting at just twenty, you can enjoy a variety of flavors at over 90 participating restaurants February 20th through 26th.
While we can’t help you figure out where to put all that food, ezStorage does have space for your holiday decorations or any other items that might be cluttering up your home after the holiday rush. Storage units are available across the Maryland, Virginia and DC areas. Our dedicated team of self-storage professionals is ready to assist you. Contact ezStorage today to find a unit that’s perfect for your needs.