Latest Blog Posts
Kids of all ages enjoy picking pumpkins in the fall. The memories created picking pumpkins and enjoying the day on the farm will last a lifetime. This fall, bring your family and friends and head to one of these pumpkin patches for a day of fun!
Pick Your Own Pumpkin Patches Near Maryland and Virginia
6521 Holter Road
Middletown, MD 21769
This October, head to Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch for a day of fun! After picking a pumpkin, guests can make their way through a 15-acre corn maze, take a hayride or a horse drawn wagon ride! This farm also has a petting zoo, face painting, and fall shopping! Fall events run through October 31st, so stop by soon!
22222 Davis Mill Road
Germantown, MD 20876
All throughout October, pick your pumpkin at Butler’s Farm! If you’re picking a pumpkin on the weekends, stay for the Pumpkin Festival! The Pumpkin Festival will feature hayrides, a corn maze, pumpkin coach ride, face painting and apple slingshot. And if all of the fall fun makes you hungry, cider, caramel apples, apple cider donuts, soup and kettle corn will all be on the menu!
10500 Clarksville Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Visit Clark’s Elioak Farm now through November 5th for a day of fun! Guests are invited to pick their pumpkin and visit other attractions! This farm has a petting zoo, pony rides, cow train rides, an Enchanted Express Train, Pine Tree Maze and Enchanted Forest! On weekdays guests can bring their own picnic lunches, but on weekends, the farm will have food vendors, gem mining and face painting!
18780 Foggy Bottom Road
Bluemont, VA 20135
At Great Country Farms, you can not only pick your own pumpkins, but apples too! This farm also has a pumpkin canon, cider donuts, a Pumpkin Princess, pumpkin munchin’ dinosaur and The Oinkintucky Derby Pig Races!
15621 Baddock Road
Centreville, VA 20120
155 Belmont Ln,
North, VA 23128
This fall, pick your pumpkin at Belmont Pumpkin Farm. After picking your pumpkin you can paint it at the farm with your friends! Belmont Pumpkin Farm also has farm animals, corn mazes, hayrides, scarecrow making and face painting.
Do You Need a Place to Store Your Fall Décor From the Pumpkin Patch?
Did you buy too much fall décor? Make room for your holiday decorations by storing your Halloween decorations in a storage unit! A storage unit is a smart way to keep unneeded items out of your house and in a secure location. ezStorage has 47 locations all throughout Maryland and Virginia. With storage units ranging in sizes from 5X5 to 10X10, we have you covered no matter how big or small your storage needs are. Tour one of our facilities or contact us today!
The early weeks of fall have brought us colder and shorter days. This can only mean one thing, it is time to start preparing your boat for winter. This probably raises two questions in your mind.
1. Where will you store your boat?
2. What needs to be done to prepare your boat for storage?
The best answer to the first question is somewhere indoors. The winter elements can be extremely damaging to a boat. Your boat will be less susceptible to damage if it is stored indoors.
Now, to answer the second question, we put together the top tips to prepare your boat for storage!
Indoor Boat Storage Tips
1. Check the Owner’s Manual: First and foremost, check the owner’s manual for both your boat and the motor to see what is recommended for winter storage. The degree of care a boat needs during the winter time will vary on the materials the boat and motor are made from, as well as what type of boat it is. Checking the owner’s manual will ensure that you are taking the precautions necessary to store your particular kind of boat and motor.
2. Check Boat for Necessary Maintenance: If you notice in the fall that your boat needs some attention, take care of it then. Any issues your boat has in the fall, will most likely worsen with winter’s touch. And, if you wait until spring to address any issues not only will they have worsened, you’ll be visiting the boat repair shop during their busy season.
3. Check the Engine Oil: Change the oil before storing your boat. Also, check your power steering fluid levels and coolant levels and top them off if needed.
4. Check the Battery: Check the battery and top off any needed fluids. Use a battery tester to check the amps and volts. If the battery is unable to hold a charge, it will most likely need to be replaced.
5. Clean the Boat: Before storing your boat, thoroughly clean all surfaces. Any grime left on your boat during storage can cause damage during the off-season. After you’re done washing, wax all surfaces of the boat to seal your newly cleaned boat from whatever winter will throw at it.
6. Theft: Be wary of the location you choose to store your boat. A boat stored outside for the winter, or in an unmonitored location, may seem like an easy target to potential thieves. Store your boat in a location that is being monitored by a surveillance system. To prevent a thief from being able to steal anything that is valuable, remove all electronics and any items of value from your boat before storage.
Are You Looking for a Boat Storage Facility?
Taking the necessary precautions when storing your boat can save you thousands of dollars, as well as many hours spent with the boat doctor. The best place to store your boat is in a covered location. If you do not have a garage or another location to store your boat, consider utilizing a storage unit. Our facilities were created with the safety of your items in mind. There is ample lighting on both the interiors and exteriors of our facilities and 24/7 camera surveillance monitoring. Most of our locations even offer secure gate access and a resident manager on site. Contact us or visit one of our facilities for a tour!
Thank you for serving our country
Here at ezStorage, we witness the many sacrifices servicemen and women alike make for our country. Whether you are getting deployed or you are being transferred from one station to the next, our military storage guide will help you through the process. We offer tips on tough-to-store items such as televisions, clothes, mattresses and photos to give you peace of mind no matter what situation you are heading toward.
Read our guide today: